The update also boosts Snow Leopard’s defense against MacDefender and its variants.
Apple’s patch notes:
- Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Improves support for IPv6.
- Improves VPN reliability.
- Identifies and removes known variants of MacDefender malware.
- Corrects timezone data in iCal for Lisbon-Portugal.
- Adds the ability to use Kerberos authentication to a web proxy server.
- Fixes an issue when saving documents from Xcode or TextEdit when using an NFS home directory.
- Fixes an issue when importing certain media files into Final Cut Pro.
- Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
Mac OS X v10.6.8 also includes fixes provided in the Mac OS X v10.6.7 Snow Leopard Font Update:
- Addresses an issue in which some OpenType fonts don’t display correctly in certain applications.
- Resolves issues printing from Preview.
- Addresses an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications.
- Resolves invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers.
The update is a 275.3MB download through Software Update.
[Update: This article was updated with additional details.]