Apple released AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.5.2 Thursday evening, an update that includes bug fixes and other improvements for Apple’s line of 802.11n capable AirPort base stations and Time Capsules.
Apple’s patch notes:
- General fixes to Wi-Fi base station stability
- Fixes some issues with AirPlay streaming
- General fixes with USB interoperability including connection to external storage devices
- Fixes some issues with NAT port mapping settings
- Disables TKIP security with 802.11n rates per the Wi-Fi Alliance specifications
Apple also recommended that users install AirPort Utility 5.5.2 for Mac and Windows users, which was also released Thursday, before installing this firmware update.
As of this writing, we’re not seeing a download link for the update on its KnowledgeBase entry, and it’s not yet showing up in Software Update. Give a holler in the comments below if you see otherwise.