Algoriddim announced Tuesday the release of Djay 3, a major update to the DJ software solution for the Mac. The new version adds Automatic Tempo & Beat Detection, Auto-Cut Scratching, extensive MIDI Support, and a redesigned user interface.
Djay 3 is designed to work with your iTunes library for source music, while the software gives the user the tools needed to be a DJ. Users can either let Djay 3 put together its own mix, or hand-select songs, match the tempos, add effects, or use the auto-cut scratching feature.
New features in Djay 3:
- Automatic Tempo & Beat Detection: Easily matches two songs for a perfect transition;
- Auto-Gain: Automatically adjusts the volume of two songs to the same level;
- Beat-matched Looping and Audio FX: Spices up your mix with new stunning, high-quality effects;
- Auto-Cut Scratching: Lets you scratch like a pro in sync with the song's beat and rhythm;
- Enhanced Automix: Let's you queue up your favorite tracks in advance; and
- MIDI Learn: Allows you to plug in your favorite MIDI controller and easily map all features in Djay.
- Multi-Touch Trackpad Scratching: Lets you use a mouse or two-fingered gesture on a notebook trackpad to mix and scratch songs with pristine sound quality;
- Automix: Automatically mixes playlists with seamless DJ-style transitions that require no supervision;
- Seamless iTunes Integration: Automatically pulls songs, cover art and playlists from iTunes when launched; and
- Drag & Drop Mixing: Lets you easily mix tracks from iTunes that are dragged and dropped onto the virtual turntables.
Djay 3 is priced at US$49.99, and registered users of version 2.x can upgrade at a 50% discount. The company also offers a 15-day trial version.
Djay 3 Screenshot