crispSofties has released an update for iPod2iTunes, bringing it to version 1.7. iPod2iTunes is an iPod utility which provides real synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac. The update features speed and interface improvements. According to crispSofties:
After six beta releases iPod2iTunes 1.7 has been finalised.
Version 1.7 has the following changes compared to v1.5.1:
- iPod2iTunes is now 2-16(!) times faster in determining of iPod tracks which are not on the Mac. Especially subsequent synchronizations are a lot faster.
- Playlist synchronization does now consider smart playlists on the iPod. Since it is not possible for iPod2iTunes to create smart playlists in iTunes, common playlists are created instead.
- In addition to let iPod2iTunes create the folder structure "genre/artist/album" or "artist/album", it is now possible to create a flat "album"-only folder structure.
- Support for Mac OS 10.2, 10.2.1, iPod firmware 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and iTunes 3.0.1.
- Interface: The status playlist shows now info during determining tracks, playlist synchronization and track copying.
You can find more information about the iPod2iTunes update at the crispSofties Web site. iPod2iTunes 1.7 is shareware and is available for US$25.00.