Finally, the news that tens of people have been waiting for: Microsoft is planning to open six new retail stores in 2013 in Texas, Florida, Ohio, California, Utah, and Missouri. The new locations will bring Big Redmond up to 37 full time retail stores in the U.S., with rumors of European expansion in the works, too.
A Microsoft Promo Photograph for a November 2011 Store Opening
Jonathan Adashek, whose full title is General Manager, Communications and Strategy, Sales & Marketing Services Group, made the announcement in a blog post. Some of these locations will be conversions from popup "Holiday Stores" into full-time retail locations and "Specialty Stores."
The six new store locations:
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis
The company did not announce time frames for the store openings or conversions, but did specify that these are merely the first six store announcements for 2013.