Chico, California-based Mien Software has released MediaEdit 3.1.5, an updated version of the company's consumer-level video editing tool for the Mac on Monday. The application supports standard painting tools as well as multiple layers and can edit virtually all QuickTime-compatible formats.
The new version boasts the following features and changes:
* Fixed a crash with multiple projects and audio capture.
* Fixed a crash that occurred while loading a project.
* Unlimited media layers.
* Add video, audio and text instantly.
* Add chapter markers.
* Edit movies in HD, SD, or any size.
* Non-destructive editing.
* Multiple levels of undo.
* Live previews and background rendering.
* Capture video and audio.
* Powerful yet easy-to-use timeline.
* Resize and position clip display region.
* Comes with standard effects, filters and transitions.
* Video composition: chroma keying, matte, hard light, etc.
* Export to iDVD, QuickTime, DV, MPEG-4 and to the web.
* Create slideshows.
MediaEdit 3.1.5 can be downloaded from the company's Web site and is available for a free 30-day trial. The software retails for US$59.95 and requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later to install and run.