Italian software developer ZiggySoft announced the release of iWeb Valet 2.0, the company's utility for editing and uploading iWeb pages on Tueday. The new version allows users to add interactive widgets to Web sites as well as trailing cursors, music, falling objects such as snow or image rollovers, calendars, scrolling texts, navigation menus, and flash graphics to iWeb sites.
The new version also adds the following new features and fixes:
* Add many powerful widgets to your web pages.
* Personalize iWeb page titles by adding a prefix of you choice.
* Add a favicon to your iWeb HTML pages.
* Fool spam bots by encoding all email address in your iWeb pages, so that the email couldn't be picked up by these bots.
* Add META tags to provide more information about your webpages and gain a top ranking on crawler-based search engines that support tags.
* Perform multiple 'search and replace' operations on all html files contents at once; you can easily make changes of simple text chunks as well as html tags and iWeb default naming conventions.
* Encode special characters inside your web pages to solve some display anomaly in non-English texts.
* Change the maximum size of all JPEG images of your site simultaneously and very quickly.
* Apply a fixed compression ratio to all JPEG images of your iWeb site folder, to save space in your web server.
* Add to your iWeb site folder other folders and files not managed by iWeb (favicon, programs, documents, etc.)
* Work on a temporary copy of your site folder: use iWeb Valet with Dreamweaver or Golive local sites as well.
* Size comparison files check: iWeb Valet will only upload files that have changed (or new files). This saves time, because you will avoid, whenever you make a single change in iWeb, to re-upload the entire site.
* Option to remove the files in the destination when correspondent file is not present in the source directory, in order to save space in your web server, which will provide more room for documents as your site expands.
* Backup/Restore functions (in compressed format) to protect your iWeb sites files from accidental data loss.
iWeb Valet 2.0 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later to install and run and retails for 19 Euros (US$24.32).