There are a lot of audio interfaces for iPhone and iPad out there, but there's a Kickstarter project for guitarists called Acoustic Stream that does something new. It allows you to record, practice, or play live through your iOS device wirelessly. Designed specifically for acoustic guitar, this device goes inside your guitar. You then activate it by tapping one, twice, or thrice on the guitar for recording, tuning, or simple connectivity to the companion app. That means no cords to manage! If you're one of those folks who bangs on your guitar while you play to provide your own percussion section, this may not be for you, but for the rest of us, giddy up! Oh, and it monitors the humidity around your device and will alert you if it gets too dry or too wet. That's way cool all by itself, IMO. It works with Bluetooth LE iOS devices and some Bluetooth LE Android devices. The company has raised $36,000 out of a goal of $50,000. Funding options that get you an Acoustic Stream start at $127 (only a couple of slots left).
Recent News See All »
- 7 Things We Learned when Fortune Named Tim Cook World’s Greatest Leader
- Apple’s App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Software Update Briefly Down for Some Users
- Amazon Adds Unlimited Storage Options to Cloud Drive
- Apple Tasks Jimmy Iovine, Trent Reznor with Making a Spotify Competitor
- Apple TV Adds CNNgo Channel