Bob Mansfield is like, loved, and respected at Apple, and there's nothing to read between the lines in his recent removal from Apple's list of executives. This, according to John Gruber, who discussed the issue with unnamed folks at Apple. Mr. Mansfield made headlines this weekend when he disappeared from Apple's executive list, and Apple went on to say that the engineering veteran was now heading up special projects for the company. Mr. Gruber said that, "After talking to a few more people, the impression I’m left with is that Mansfield has been so successful and remains so popular, he can write his own ticket. And this is the ticket he’s written." Great to know!
Recent News See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- Apple to Accept Some Cracked Screens in iPhone Trade-in Program and Install Screen Protectors