The source code for Photoshop 1.0.1, released in 1990 for the Mac, is now freely available for non-commercial use thanks to Adobe and the Computer History Museum. The original MacApp libraries are not included and architectural issues will make it very difficult to get up and running, but those interested in a nostalgic compiling adventure can check out all 128,000 lines of code now.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Will Pull Aperture this Spring, But It Will Continue to Work
- Apple’s OS X Gatekeeper Leaves Hole Open for Malware and Adware - Here’s How to Protect Your Mac
- Reports Claim 12-inch iPad to Copy Microsoft Surface Tablet, Shipping in September
- Apple, HBO Look to Bring HBO Now Streaming Service to Apple TV
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming