The source code for Photoshop 1.0.1, released in 1990 for the Mac, is now freely available for non-commercial use thanks to Adobe and the Computer History Museum. The original MacApp libraries are not included and architectural issues will make it very difficult to get up and running, but those interested in a nostalgic compiling adventure can check out all 128,000 lines of code now.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi