I love clever ideas, and the folks at Juiceboxx, Inc. have a dandy one in their self-titled product, Juiceboxx on Kickstarter. This is a plastic enclosure for your MacBook Pro or Air charger that gives it more structure for the thin cable that connects to your laptop. As shown in the image and the video, Juiceboxx forms a tunnel that supports the cable and keeps it from fraying. If you've ever had to replace a charger because it frayed or broke, you'll probably appreciate this idea as much as me. The founders of the company entered and won the Ohio State Business Builders Club with this idea, and they used the prize money to develop the prototypes shown. They'll use Kickstarter funding to put it into production. They're half way to their goal of $25,000, and funding options that get you a Juiceboxx start at $20.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi