Connected Data announced Transporter Sync on Tuesday, a new version of the company's personal cloud storage solution that allows you to use your own external USB drive. You can use Transporter sync to add to your existing Transporter network or as a standalone device. Transporter is effectively very similar to DropBox, but all of your data is on your drives, meaning you control it, rather than it being stored on remote servers. In addition, your Transporter devices talk to one another and can assist each other with their syncing duties. Transporter Sync is $99. As part of the announcement, Connected Data removed the driveless version of the original Transporter and reduced the price of a 500GB transporter to $199.
Recent News See All »
- Yosemite 10.10.4 Beta Dumps Discoveryd to Fix Network Issues
- Firefighters Take on Blaze at Apple’s Former Sapphire Glass Factory [Update]
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design