Connected Data announced Transporter Sync on Tuesday, a new version of the company's personal cloud storage solution that allows you to use your own external USB drive. You can use Transporter sync to add to your existing Transporter network or as a standalone device. Transporter is effectively very similar to DropBox, but all of your data is on your drives, meaning you control it, rather than it being stored on remote servers. In addition, your Transporter devices talk to one another and can assist each other with their syncing duties. Transporter Sync is $99. As part of the announcement, Connected Data removed the driveless version of the original Transporter and reduced the price of a 500GB transporter to $199.
Recent News See All »
- Judge Koh Slams Attorney Fees in Apple Anti-poaching Settlement
- Apple Music’s Ian Rogers Left for the Fashion Industry
- Apple Doesn’t Have to Make the ‘Best’ TV Shows to Be Successful
- iPhone Jailbreakers Hit with ID Stealing Hack
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
Popular Stories See All »
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV
- iOS 9 Content Blockers - Bring ‘Em On!