Coppertino has released VOX 1.0, a free audio player for OS X that supports multiple audio formats not supported in iTunes, including FLAC, CUE, OGG Vorbis, WMA, Monkey's Audio, and Musepack. It also supports iTunes standard formats like MP3, AAC, AIFF, and Apple Lossless (ALAC), and it will read from your iTunes Library, meaning you can still use iTunes to manage your music if you want to. VOX was designed with a minimalist aesthetic, and it shows the album artwork for the currently playing song in the Dock. That's pretty cool. The app is free on the Mac App Store, and has an in-app purchase for Internet streaming radio. In-app purchase support for LastFM, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Pandora are planned.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups
- The Depressing Gap Between Apple and the U.S. Federal Government is Widening
- OS X: Why You Need a Hard Drive Clone
- Apple’s New MacBook: Great for Some (But Not All)
- Apple Wants $15M from Patent Troll for Frivolous Lawsuit