Coppertino has released VOX 1.0, a free audio player for OS X that supports multiple audio formats not supported in iTunes, including FLAC, CUE, OGG Vorbis, WMA, Monkey's Audio, and Musepack. It also supports iTunes standard formats like MP3, AAC, AIFF, and Apple Lossless (ALAC), and it will read from your iTunes Library, meaning you can still use iTunes to manage your music if you want to. VOX was designed with a minimalist aesthetic, and it shows the album artwork for the currently playing song in the Dock. That's pretty cool. The app is free on the Mac App Store, and has an in-app purchase for Internet streaming radio. In-app purchase support for LastFM, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Pandora are planned.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi