Coppertino has released VOX 1.0, a free audio player for OS X that supports multiple audio formats not supported in iTunes, including FLAC, CUE, OGG Vorbis, WMA, Monkey's Audio, and Musepack. It also supports iTunes standard formats like MP3, AAC, AIFF, and Apple Lossless (ALAC), and it will read from your iTunes Library, meaning you can still use iTunes to manage your music if you want to. VOX was designed with a minimalist aesthetic, and it shows the album artwork for the currently playing song in the Dock. That's pretty cool. The app is free on the Mac App Store, and has an in-app purchase for Internet streaming radio. In-app purchase support for LastFM, SoundCloud, Spotify, and Pandora are planned.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Samsung Innovation: Samsung Pay and an iPhone 6 Lookalike
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)