John and Dave are back after their schedule hiccup last week due to Hurricane Irene, and they’ve got a whirlwind show for you all today! Lots of great questions came in over the past couple of weeks, including controlling Lion’s desktop order, moving from Aperture to iPhoto, diagnosing Apple Mail.app problems, resolving iOS app quirks, and much, much more. Listen today (it’s free!) and enjoy learning from your two favorite geeks.
MGG 351: Mission Control, Home Directories, Spotlight & Cool Stuff Found
Sponsor: PDFpen from Smile: Effortlessly edit your PDFs. Add text, images and signatures, combine and split PDFs, reorder and remove PDF pages, and fill out and save PDF forms. Now includes robust page-numbering tool. For a limited time you can use coupon code GEEK11 for 20% off!
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 — Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don’t cost a fortune). You can’t get better sound for your iPod or iTunes! Get 10% off with coupon code: MGGTEN
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mission Control preferences
- How-To: Move Photos From Aperture to iPhoto
- POP RFC
- SMTP RFC
- IMAP RFC
- Use TCP Port 587 For Mail Submission
- WebDAV RFC
- TRIM Support Enabler
- TRIM Enabler for Lion
- Seagate Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drive
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).