Dave and John are back at it again, this time in addition to answering your questions they share some of their own experiences, too. For the first time in a long time Dave defragmented one of his hard drives, so he talks about that experience and how he did it. Question topics include why kernel_task takes up so much RAM, how 802.11n works with more than one frequency spectrum, and much more. Download today and enjoy!
MGG 439: I Defragged My Mac (and I Liked It)
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Mac Basics: Connect your camera or camcorder (3:10)
- MouseKeys May Cause Changed Numeric Keypad Behavior (6:32)
- ...and if that doesn’t do it, Numlock might need to be toggled
- 21.5” iMac RAM Upgrade (13:47)
- Fusion Drive (24:30)
- iStat Menus (24:40)
- Remove Riplock from your iMac to Make DVDs faster (27:45)
- Drive Genius (for defragmenting your drive) (29:30)
- Archived - About disk optimization with Mac OS X (34:15)
- Using a Unified Library with iPhoto and Aperture (45:45)
- How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries
- iPhoto Library Manager (52:25)
- Compare Wi-Fi Base Stations (1:03:53)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.