Well if you're not listening to this show, it's because you're busy reading this text, isn't it? And if that's the case, it's time to stop reading and start listening! Your geeks share tips and answer questions about backing up to a NAS (including a very clever workaround to make it go much faster!), securing your NAS, and that's enough about NAS! New Mac buying advice is on the docket, as is streaming wirelessly and making it work in even the strangest environments. All this and more. Still reading? Press play already!
MGG 516: Cracklin’ Rosie Isn’t Just a Song
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code MGG for 10% off your first order. Also Tweet your SquareSpace-created site to @MacGeekGab with the hashtag of #squarespaceshoutout and we'll retweet it to everyone we know!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- TriggerTrap (2:10)
- Square Jellyfish Bluetooth Remotes (4:00)
- iOS: Understanding multitasking (4:55)
- OpenDNS IPv6 Statement (8:27)
- AppZapper (11:41)
- iCloud: Shared Photo Streams FAQ (16:29)
- Read the "Fine" Manual (17:24)
- Apple TV (21:07)
- AirPort Express
- AirPort base stations: About the Guest network feature
- Allison Sheridan’s Secure Mail on The Mac Tutorials (23:58)
- MGG 463: Securing Your Email (and Other Family Fun!)
- GPG Tools
- iPG Mail
- AirParrot (45:14)
- Introducing a new Flickr experience on Apple TV
- Photo Card (58:01)
- Kanex Thunderbolt Adapter (1:01:02)
- Seagate Wireless Plus (1:04:27)
- MacAlly Mobile Wi-Fi Hard Drive Enclosure
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.