John and Dave are joined by TekRevue's Jim Tanous (aka MGGJim here at TMO). Jim's been managing his movie library digitally for years, and he talks through his workflow for ripping, storing, and playing back all this data; all while keeping it freed from any ecosystem lock-in (and future-proofing and other buzzwords, too). That plus your questions answered. Enjoy!
MGG 485: Jim Tanous Talks Movie Ripping and Management
Sponsor: Go to Squarespace.com/mgg and click "enter an offer code" under the pricing and put in the code BRAUN for this week's show.
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- TekRevue (1:12)
- MGGJim on Twitter
- Mac 30th Event (2:16)
- Apple’s Celebration of 30 years of Mac
- AngryIP Scanner (6:34)
- Broadcast Pings to Discover IP Addresses
- Spot Maps
- Apple Updates Mail for Mavericks to Address Gmail Issues, More (15:04)
- Plex (27:01)
- Synology Diskstation
- DMCA (Digital Milennium Copyright Act)
- Handbrake Nightly Builds
- AnyDVD (Windows only)
- Forced Subtitles
- MPEG 2
- MPEG 4
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Bit Rate
- MCE Slot-loading BluRay Drive
- Blu-Ray USB Reader
- DTS Decoder DLL info (for MakeMKV)
- About Wireless Diagnostics (59:34)
- How to fix YouTube buffering (1:01:49)
- Video playback checklist
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.