Dave, John, and Pilot Pete come together on this Sunday afternoon to chat about wrangling in Notification Center, managing (and deleting!) "recent recipients" in iOS mail, understanding Java versions, managing the Launchpad and much, much more!
MGG 440: Time Keeps On Slipping Into The Future
Sponsor: Transporter is an off-cloud social storage drive for sharing, accessing and backing up your files in real time. Works with Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Windows. Use coupon code 'MGG' for 10% off!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Scheduling Software Update (6:45)
- Get Rid Of Those Pesky Software Update Notifications [OS X Tips]
- Delete Annoying Recipients from iOS Mail (8:39)
- Mac OS Leopard/Snow Leopard Fix for timezone settings that keep resetting to the defaults (10:43)
- What Mac Users Need to Know About the Java Security Update (13:46)
- Check Java Version Installed in your Browser (19:00)
- ChromeBook Pixel (31:28)
- What Does it Take to Update the RAM in a 21.5” iMac (43:41)
- AyrMesh Hub (58:15)
- Streakwave WiFi Long Range (59:00)
- Dave’s Ticket Stub from the Boston show he and John attended in 1987 (1:02:00)
- Incorrect date or time displayed in various applications in Mac OS X
- NetSpot (1:04:07)
- Incorrect date or time displayed in various applications in Mac OS X (1:07:46)
- A good website for timezone info
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast) and Applr.