Dave and John have a busy show today, answering your questions about Address Book duplicates, disappearing desktop icons, how to time your Mac upgrades, SSD write cycle limits, additional Dropbox hints and tips, and more!
MGG 260: Address Book, Desktop, Upgrade Timing, and More!
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- AddressBook 4.0 Help - Combining duplicate cards and information
- Trevor’s AppleScript Scripts (includes Address Book duplicate removal)
- Tutorial: Now you see ‘em, now you don’t: Invisible files in Mac OS X
- Mac OS X v10.6: How to show your hard drive icon on the desktop
- Wear leveling
- Dropbox Mobile
- More cool pmset command line sleep and wake options
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators Podcast.