Your two favorite geeks were simply inundated with feedback from many aspects of Mac Geek Gab 331, so today they are joined by Pilot Pete (making this all threes all around) to address those and dig a little deeper on a few of the issues from that show, including using WiFi in Europe, managing Smart Playlists, backing up photos, safe files, and Automator. Cool Stuff Found makes its return here (your geeks simply MADE time for it!), and then there are some new issues to discuss, as well, including the Dock, slow typing on your Mac and a little something from the NSA. Download today (it’s free) and enjoy!
MGG 333: Three Geeks for Thee
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 — Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don’t cost a fortune). You can’t get better sound for your iPod or iTunes! Get 10% off with coupon code: MGGTEN
Sponsor: Stitcher lets you listen to podcasts at home or on the go, streamed right to your iPhone or iPad without having to sync! Sign up now and use Promo Code “MGG” to listen to Mac Geek Gab on Stitcher and be entered to win an iPad 2!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Keyboard Maestro
- Undelete from trash to original locations
- Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.1.8
- 2600mAh Universal External Backup Battery for Mobile Devices, iPod, iPhone, Kindle, and more
- HyperShield Back Cover for iPad 2
- Encrypt This
- Hardening Tips for Mac OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” (PDF from NSA)
- NewerTech Voyager
- Eye-Fi View
- Changing the system’s default settings for html files (safe)
- 10.4: Modify how the system classifies ‘safe’ files
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).