Dave starts off today’s show talking about how he’s been using his iPhone more and more for turn-by-turn directions, and discusses his picks for the best apps to get the job done. Then he and John discuss the differences between logging out and restarting, a little more about backing up your iDevices, some quirks with Time Machine, and much, much more. Subscribe, download and listen (it’s free!), and even feel free to submit a question of your own to John and Dave for a future episode!
MGG 337: Navigation Apps, Flat Rate Repair, Quicken & Lion, Data Migration
Sponsor: Circus Ponies Notebook: The Easy Way to Get Organized on the Mac. Try it FREE for 30 Days.
Sponsor: Drobo: Terabytes of storage and disk failure protection, it’s never full and never fails — with Drobo you plug in peace of mind for all your digital life.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Garmin nüvi 360
- MobileNavigator iPhone
- NAVIGON MobileNavigator North America (App Store)
- CoPilot Live
- CoPilot Live USA (App Store)
- Flip4Mac WMV
- iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software
- iPhone and iPod touch: About backups
- iPhone 101: Find UDID with a single click
- Quicken 2007 Might Work On Lion, Not Right Away
- Mac 101: Time Machine
- OS X Lion - How to Buy
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).