Dave, John, and your fellow Mac Geek Gab listeners have TONS of tips to share today. Highlights include managing Lion’s resume, dealing with Apple Customer Relations (versus AppleCare), what to do to ensure a successful clean Lion install, fixing missing icons in your Dock, and flashing your new iMac’s DVD drive to ensure full ripping speed. All this and more in today’s (free!) episode of Mac Geek Gab. Download and enjoy!
MGG 375: Tips on Dock, Resume, AppleCare, Gmail, Ripping, & More
Sponsor: Audio Engine: Audioengine A5 and A2 — Real speakers designed for portable audio players that deliver astonishing sound (and don’t cost a fortune). You can’t get better sound for your iPod or iTunes! Get 10% off with coupon code: MGGTEN
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- killall Dock (enter in terminal, may fix Dock and app switching issues)
- Utilities | Audio MIDI Setup (may fix strange audio device behavior)
- Paste Plain Text with TextExpander
- OS X Lion: Disabling Resume, One Program at a Time
- Resetting your Mac’s PRAM and NVRAM
- Boomerang for Gmail
- Cirrus Insight
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- VLC Media Player
- Increase DVD Ripping Speed by Removing “Riplock”
- iPhone and iPod: Liquid damage is not covered by warranty
- MagFolio for iPad 2
- Solving Gmail Password Rejection in Mail.app
- Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).