It’s the first Monday in May and you know what that means: yep, just like (most!) every other Monday a new Mac Geek Gab is up for your listening pleasure! This week, John and Dave solve your questions about those pesky Firewall “incoming connection” warnings, how to choose an iPad (old versus new), Data Detectors in Mail, monitoring Time Machine a little more closely, and more. Additionally, some new tips about getting even better Apple Genius Bar support, blocking Flashback with OpenDNS, resetting your printing system and managing your Mac life with anti-virus software are included as well. Cool Stuff Found is in there, too, but you’ll have to listen to see what that is all about. What are you waiting for? It’s free! Just download and enjoy.
MGG 396: Two Mac Geeks with Your Mac Fix(es)
Note: Shownotes complete!
- iBike Dash CC
- KML (Keyhole Markup Language) Files for Google Earth
- uTrack - online GPX track report generator
- Pebble on Kickstarter
- Square credit card swiper and service for iPhone
- Square Register
- iFrogz Summit iPad (3rd gen) case - $59.00
- Samsung SSD Provides a Speedy Upgrade for a Price
- Samsung 830 Series SSD
- Seagate Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drive
- OS X Code Signing
- I installed Lion (OS X 10.7) and now Dashboard doesn’t see my Drobo FS, DroboPro FS or Drobo model B800fs
- Mountain Lion Gatekeeper
- AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference
- AirRadar 2
- Mac OS X: What is Safe Boot Safe Mode?
- Time Machine Buddy
- TimeTracker and Pacifist
- Apple’s Joint Venture Program
- Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system
- - You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of We Have Communicators (formerly the iPhoneAlley podcast).