Futjitsu issued another update for ScanSnap customers and macOS 10.12 Sierra. The company narrowed down the circumstances and features of ScanSnap that cause a problem in Sierra to three (below). More importantly, Fujitsu said, “A fix for the above problems is expected to be made available in the middle of October, 2016.”
Fujitsu originally warned ScanSnap users not to upgrade to Sierra just a couple of days before Sierra was released. PDFs created with ScanSnap could experience data loss and other problems. The company followed up with an update narrowing down the circumstances that could cause an issue.
Tuesday’s update narrows those circumstances still further. The tl;dr version is not to use ScanSnap Organizer, ScanSnap Merge Pages, or CardMinder in Serra. There are also five functions (below) NOT to use from the Quick Menu or withing the full ScanSnap application.
Full Notice from Fujitsu
Updated Notice on ScanSnap Compatibility Status with macOS Sierra
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Refined scope: details on the limited circumstances that may trigger issue
This announcement provides an updated notice about the ScanSnap compatibility problems with macOS Sierra (*1) previously posted on September 15, 2016. Please read carefully when using ScanSnap or ScanSnap applications on macOS Sierra.
(*1) Released by Apple on September 21, 2016.
- Models impacted:
All ScanSnap series scanners including ScanSnap Evernote Edition
- Note for using ScanSnap or ScanSnap Applications on macOS Sierra
In order to avoid the ScanSnap compatibility problems, please do not use ScanSnap or ScanSnap applications on macOS Sierra in the following manner as doing so may cause some pages to be deleted or to become blank.
- Do not use [ScanSnap Organizer], [ScanSnap Merge Pages], or [CardMinder]
- Do not use Excellent mode when scanning A3 (11.7 in. x 16.5 in.) documents**No image data will be lost nor any blank pages produced when content that has been scanned in the A4 (8.3 in. x 11.7 in.), Letter (8.5 in. x 11 in.), Legal (8.5 in. x 14 in.), or smaller sizes is saved.
- Do not select the following functions in either Quick Menu or Application• [Scan to Print]
• [Scan to Evernote (Document)]
• [Scan to Evernote (Note)]
• [Scan to Google Drive]
A fix for the above problems is expected to be made available in the middle of October, 2016.