If you have a new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, you may be itching to play with 3D Touch, the whole-screen implementation of Force Touch that comes in the new devices. The problem is that app developers have to enable the technology before you can use it, and it's not so easy to find those apps. So, here are ten apps to make it easy:
We've included the 3D Touch-specific release notes for each app.
What's New in Version 7.1
And specifically for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, we've taken advantage of 3D Touch by adding the following handy set of Quick Actions…
- Take Photo
- Take Selfie
- Take Macro
- View Lightbox
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- From the Home Screen, 3D Touch gives you shortcuts to view your most recently actioned file or folder, Offline files, upload photos and videos, and search your Dropbox
- Inside the Dropbox app, use 3D Touch to Peek - lightly press a file name for a preview, or a folder to view its contents; and if you want to Pop from a preview into the full file or folder, just press a little deeper
The patch notes only mention support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, but you can 3D Touch a username to get quick info on that user. Swipe up, and you'll get additional options.
If you do the same thing to a photo in grid view. That will expand the image. If you then swipe up, you get additional options.
Quick Look at Neal Pann, the Noted Architect
OmniFocus 2 for iPhone ($39.99):
What's New in Version 2.8
OmniFocus 2.8 adds 3D Touch launch shortcuts to the OmniFocus app icon and fixes bugs. (This update requires iOS 9.)
- 3D Touch Shortcuts: Added 3D Touch launch shortcuts to the OmniFocus icon. On iPhone 6S and 6S Plus you can launch directly into a New Inbox Item, the OmniFocus Home Screen, the last item you were viewing, or Today (in Pro, this is the Perspective you've chosen for the Today widget if applicable). These are dynamic shortcuts, so they won't work appear until this version of OmniFocus has been launched at least once.
OmniFocus 2 for iPhone Quick Action
What's New in Version 5.4.3
The only thing that's changed ... is everything.
Well, OK, not really. The only thing that's changed is these release notes, but we're really excited to tell you that this version of Pinterest already has support for 3D Touch! So if you've upgraded to a new iPhone 6s or 6s+, you'll be able to "peek" and "pop" into Pins, or jump right into search or creating a Board from your home screen.
What's New in Version 9.0.1
For those of you with a shiny new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus, you'll be delighted to know that Shazam is already 3D Touch-enabled! Just press firmly on the Shazam app icon, and you'll have a shortcut to start Shazaming immediately—so you can now name that tune in one less tap.
Quick Actions in Shazam App
What's New in Version 5.0
5.0 has arrived and it's a big one!
Updated for iOS 9
- 3D Touch: See quick previews of any article while browsing the search menu with Peek and Pop. Get quick access to your Favorites, Search, or Satellites from the home screen by pressing on the Sky Guide icon. (3D Touch requires iPhone 6s)
Quick Look at Constellation Info in Sky Guide
What's New in Version 2.8
- New! Quick Actions menu for the app icon (requires iPhone 6s with 3D Touch).
The release notes only mention support for 3D Touch, but that support includes quick mute options, quick photos, the ability to show your WeChat QR code, or start a new chat.
What's New in Version 1.4
Workflow 1.4 adds support for great new iOS 9 and watchOS 2 features, plus 3D Touch!
Here's what's new:
- 3D Touch adds a new dimension to your workflows. On iPhone 6s, press firmly on a workflow to take a peek, or on the Workflow app icon for quick shortcuts to your workflows.