Adam Iser has released a beta version of Adium, bringing it to version 1.5 b4. Adium is a third party AIM client designed to take advantage of the Mac OS visual aesthetic. The update includes Auto-Reconnect and Auto-Resize. According to Adam Iser:
This is a beta release! It may crash, misbehave, or even cause data loss. Please read all notes on this page before downloading, using, and reporting bugs in relation to this beta. As with the full releases of Adium, this program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Blocking DOES NOT WORK in this release
- Auto-Reconnect will attempt to reconnect if you sign on from another location (Unlike in Adium 1.4.2)
- The "alias" formatting bar for received chat currently does nothing - Chatroom aliases are not implimented yet
- Auto-Resize and will resize your buddy list beyond the bottom of the screen if itis too long
- You will receive "Youive been warned" messages as your warning level cools down
You can find more information about the Adium beta release at the Adam Iser Web site. Adium 1.5 b4 is a available freeware.