Aladdin Systems, Inc. has released a preview version of Stuffit InstallerMaker version 8.0. InstallerMaker is an app designed for creating installation utilities for programs. The latest release features several enhancements including speed improvements and protected location installation. According to Aladdin Systems:
Aladdin Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc. today announced a preview release of StuffIt InstallerMaker(tm) 8.0 for Mac OS X. The newest version of InstallerMaker runs natively on Mac OS 10.2 or higher while still creating installers for System 8.1 or higher (Classic and OS X environments).
InstallerMaker, the complete installation and data distribution standard, provides the best solution for developers to create complex, professional installers in less time than competing products. Aladdin Systemsi products are the industry standard in compression and archiving utilities on the Mac OS. StuffIt InstallerMaker is a benchmark installation product used by developers and network administrators on the Macintosh throughout the world.
New to version 8.0:
- Runs natively under Mac OS X (10.2 or higher)
- Install to protected locations by requiring an administrator password. Simply check the appropriate box at build time
- Customize File Permissions in InstallerMakeris GetInfo panel
- Run Shell or Apple Scripts from an Installer for easy customization without coding
- Reuse "Find" results to speed subsequent tasks
- "Find" partial paths such as "ApplicationName/Plug-ins" to quickly pinpoint the appropriate location for an installation or update
- Handle bundles as if they were single files (rather than folders) for the purpose of updates and upgrades
- Speed development with new prefab Mac OS X-specific Locations
You can find more information about the Stuffit InstallerMaker preview at the Aladdin Systems, Inc. Web site. The StuffIt InstallerMaker preview is available as freeware.