Apple has posted its call for the annual Apple Design Awards. The awards celebrate the best in iPhone and Mac application development with a ceremony during WWDC week. Submissions are accepted begining on Tuesday, April 15th and end at 5:00 PM PDT on May 12, 2008.
Developers can submit their products in one or more of the following categories:
- iPhone Developer Showcase
- Best iPhone Web Application
- Best Mac?OS?X Leopard Application
- Best New Mac?OS?X Leopard Game
- Best Mac?OS?X Leopard User Experience
- Best Mac?OS?X Leopard Graphics and Media Application
- Best Mac OS X Leopard Student Product
The Apple Design awards come with substantial prizes: two 15-inch MacBook Pro laptops, two 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays, one 16 GB iPod touch, one 8 GB iPhone, an ADC Premier Membership, reimbursement for one WWDC 2008 E-ticket including airfare and accommodations, and one 2009 ADC Macworld Expo Exclusive Marketing Package, according to Apple.
The Apple Design Awards is a huge event, typically occurs just before the WWDC Stump The Experts event and packs the hall. As a result, there is significant peer and public recognition both during the event and when the results are publicly announced by Apple.