Apple has released an update for the iPod called iPod Updater 2004-08-06. The updateis description says that it includes iPod Software 3.0.1 (for Click Wheel iPods), but that this update is for all other iPods.
[Editoris Note: Earlier we erroneously reported the name of the update as version 3.0.2, and the article has been corrected accordingly]. From Apple:
Read Before You Install iPod Updater
iPod Updater 2004-08-06 includes iPod software 3.0.1 for iPods with a Click Wheel. iPod Updater 2004-08-06 contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2004-07-15 for all other iPod models.
iPod Software 3.0.1 provides:
- Improved connectivity with some FireWire cards using the VIA chipset
- Improved connectivity with FireWire hubs, and with 4-pin FireWire ports
- Improved power management
- Improved performance with the optional external battery pack
- Removing headphones while the hold switch is on no longer wakes iPod
For more information about iPod, go to http://www.apple.com/support/ipod.
The 10.6MB Updater is available through Software Update. As of this writing, it is not yet available from Appleis Downloads page.