The Tolis Group announced the release of BRU LE version 1.3.1 on Thursday. The update features a re-designed user interface for a better workflow experience, 100 percent coverage of Mac OS X file system attributes, and more.
The highlights of the new version include:
- Supports Mac OS X desktop systems.
- Universal Binary support for full compatibility on Intel & PPC machines.
- Re-designed Primary interface delivers significantly improved ease-of-use .
- 100% Coverage of all Mac OS X filesystem attributes.
- Complete and proper processing of Access Control Lists (ACLis) and Extended Attributes (EAis) on Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 systems.
- Improved user interface display compatibility with Leopard systems.
- Performs full, incremental and differential backups.
- Backs up to hard disk archives (D2D).
- Support single tape drives and tape autoloaders with a single drive and up to 10 slots (D2T).
- "QuickBackup" mode allows for fast drag-and-drop backups of files, folders, and volumes.
- Multi-threaded design allows for I/O operations to run at the speed of devices involved.
"BRU LE is designed to support a traditional desktop environment where a useris data does not exceed approximately 100,000 files and is limited to the disk provided with the desktop system or an attached FireWire or USB drive," according to the Tolis Group.
BRU LE 1.3.1 is a Universal Application, requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later and is priced at US$129.00.