Black Cat Systems has released version3.9.0 of MultiMode, their program for amateur radio operators and radiohobbyists that allows the transmission and reception of morse code, slowscan TV, and other modes.
The latest version of MultiMode adds:
- QRSS (very slow morse code) as a Spectrum/FFT mode, with a waterfall display
- Spectrum mode now displays peak frequencies
- Improved ACARS (Aircraft Communications Addressing And Reporting) modedecoding
- Better alignment of SSTV (Slow Scan TV) images
- More readable transmit font in Hellschreiber mode
MultiMode is an application which allows your Macintosh to decode andtransmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard onshortwave and ham radio. It is the only program of its kind for theMacintosh,rivaling commercial packages for the PC platform costing hundredsof dollars. It is ideal for amateur radio operators, shortwave radiolisteners, and other radio enthusiasts. MultiMode is localized for forDutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, in addition to English.
MultiMode is available for US$89, and a Lite version is available for US$39. You can find more information at the Black Cat Systems Web site.