Black Diamond Products today announced the release of the first public beta MacOS X versions of Monica, its popular download manager, and Hefty FTP, its FTP client. Simultaneously, Black Diamond are releasing a set of 13 free utility programs for MacOS X.
Monica is a queue based file download program for the Mac for downloading files from the Internet using FTP, Hotline and HTTP protocols. Monica achieves exceptional download throughput by utilising queue technology, optimised processing of Internet protocols, and by extensive use of transfer resumption techniques.
Hefty FTP is a queue based FTP client for Unix and PC FTP servers for the Mac that that supports file transfers to or from up to four FTP servers simultaneously as well as HTTP transfers. Hefty FTP implements automatic connection retries, automatic resumption of stalled or interrupted transfers, as well as queue scheduling and AppleScript control.
The Black Diamond Free MacOS X Utility pack now includes the following programs:
- qdTextEditor - a quick and dirty plain text editor
- qdTextViewer - a quick and dirty plain text file viewer
- Ty-Pyst! - our utility to set Mac type and creator codes
- TypeBanger - our utility to set Mac type and creator codes from the file extension
- Kloba - a program to delete resource forks
- Piccly - a picture thumbnail browser
- Thumbnailer - a utility to create thumbnails from picture files
- NutCase Binhex - to create and unpack binhex ( .hqx ) files
- NutCase UU - to create and unpack uuencoded ( .uu ) files
- NutCase Gzip - to create and unpack gzip ( .gz ) files
- NutCase MacBinary - to create and unpack MacBinary ( .bin ) files
- qdFolderLabels - coloured folder icons, like the old labels, for folders
- ResConv - convert resource forks to data files ( .rsrc ) and back
You can find more information about all of their OS X compatible software at the Black Diamond Products Web site.