Blackmagic Design has released a new app for DeckLink users, Blackmagic Deck Control. Deck Control is a utility designed for the remote control of broadcast tape decks in a post-production environment. The app supports the RS422 deck protocol for frame accurate shuttling. According to Blackmagic Design:
Today Blackmagic Design announced the immediate availability of Blackmagic Deck Control, a new application for remote control of broadcast tape decks.
Blackmagic Deck Control will allow any users to capture and playback to any broadcast tape deck via RS422 serial control with frame accurate precision. Blackmagic Deck Control is a fully QuickTime compatible application that implements the Sony RS422 deck control protocol used on all high quality broadcast tape decks.
Perfect for designers, effects editors, and DVD authors, Blackmagic Deck Control will allow specific clips to be captured via the Blackmagic DeckLink hardware into standard QuickTime files.
Blackmagic DeckLink features include:
- Fully digital SMPTE-259M 10 bit SDI input, and output
- Separate SDI monitor connection, for editing without a video deck
- No sync generator required as DeckLink generates SDI video sync internally
- Uncompressed true 10 bit and uncompressed 8 bit capture and playback modes
- Built in DV Bridge. Real time and instant playback from DV edits to video output
- Compressed full resolution high quality JPEG capture and playback mode
- Includes Blackmagic Deck Control, for broadcast tape deck capture and playback
- and more..
You can find more information about the Blackmagic Deck Control release at the Blackmagic Web site. Blackmagic Deck Control is available as freeware, while the DeckLink is available for US$995.00.