Blizzard released a patch for World of Warcraft (WoW), the companyis popular massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG). The patch brings the WoW client to version 1.4.2, and corrects a specific crashing bug.
Blizzardis patch note:
World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.4.2 (2005-05-03)
- Fixed an infrequent crash bug which occurred during certain database queries.
On Tuesday, Blizzard released version 1.4.1, a patch that included changes in game play and some minor bugs. Those notes:
World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.4.1 (2005-05-03)
- Added minimum level requirements to all instances to prevent exploitive behavior. The minimum levels are very generous and should not affect the normal course of gameplay.
- Fixed a number of disconnect problems.
- Fixed a bug where periods would appear as commas.
- Fixed a font issue that could cause distortion of game text.
WoW is updated through an in-game patching system, and you download the patch by launching the game and logging in to the game network. You can find more information on World of Warcraft at the gameis Web site, and you can buy the game for US$44.99 at Amazon (WoW also requires a monthly subscription).