Casady & Greene ahs released a new app for Mac users, Spell Catcher X. Spell Catcher X is a writing utility designed for word processing. The app ships with foreign language dictionaries and customizable shorthand glossaries. According to Casady & Greene:
Casady & Greene, in keeping with itis commitment to bring cutting-edge Mac OS X applications to consumers, announces the release of Spell Catcher X, the All-In-One Mac OS X Writing Tool for use in any Mac OS X application!
After over a year in development, Spell Catcher X has been rewritten from the ground up to take full advantage of the features and functionality of Mac OS X. Spell Catcher X is a native Mac OS X (Cocoa) application with many significant enhancements such as Service architecture, Input Method, a redesigned Check Selection window, integration of all 9 Spell Catcher X languages into the standard Mac OS Spelling Panel and much more!
Spell Catcher X for Mac OS X showcases:
- Comprehensive US and foreign language dictionaries and instant thesaurus lookup
- Global writing support--in virtually every Mac OS X app!
- Extensive writing statistics for educational and personal use
- Customizable shorthand glossaries, interactive and batch checking
- Writing support for the Classic Layer of Mac OS X (batch checking only)
You can find more information about the Spell Catcher X release at the Casady & Greene Web site. Spell Catcher X is available for US$39.95.