Circus Ponies Software has released an update for Notebook, bringing it to version 1.2. Notebook is a note utility designed for the storage and organization of various bits of information. The update features numerous enhancements including improved security and expanded export support. According to Hog Bay Software:
Circus Ponies? Software today announced a free software update for NoteBook?, the most popular product on Mac OS X for organizing, accessing, and sharing notes. The 1.2 release adds a number of major new features to NoteBook, including 1-Step HTML Export, a Security Framework, and others.
Highlights of the 1.2 release are as follows:
- 1-Step HTML Export allows NoteBook users to publish single pages, whole Notebooks, or anything in between to the Web for sharing with Mac, Windows, and Linux users on corporate networks or on the World Wide Web
- The new Security Framework was created for corporate, SciTech, higher education and other users whose computing environments require a higher level of security
- Multidimensional Sorting allows users to sort their data using one or more criteria, and includes several built-in "sorting routines"
- Enhanced Searching introduces three new kinds of searches for case-sensitive, wildcard, and literal or "exact phrase" searches
- Action Item Management has been enhanced and now offers personalized color choices for completed, overdue, and due-today action items
- Fully Illustrated Online Help ? created using NoteBook?s own HTML Export feature ? provides step?by?step instructions accompanied by screen shots to help users get started or learn advanced techniques
You can find more information about the Notebook update at the Circus Ponies Software Web site. The update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.95.