Hyperbolic Software has released a beta version of Doublet Scan, bringing it to version 4.0.0b2. Doublet Scan is a is a file search utility designed to locate duplicate file names on a users hard drive. The latest beta version features improved performance and bug fixes. According to Hyperbolic Software:
Doublet Scan is a fast and professional way to find all kind of duplicates & more on your hard disks. Compare the content of files, search duplicate files and folders, unique files, unique folders, empty files, empty folders, duplicate and unique by; label, custom icon, locked files, locked folders, invisible files, invisible folders, aliases, compressed files and much more.
Whatis new version 4.0.0b2
- OS X edition
- When an item was marked via "Mark/Unmark Item" from the "Control" menu, the list was shown at the top of the window
Mac OS Classic
- Error type 3 when working in system 8.6
- Now the minimum requirement is Mac OS 8.6 and CarbonLib 1.3.
- Didnit calculate the size when a search was made for empty files in the "Custom Search" window
- The text was not disabled when the window was in the background
- Found Packages when an empty folder search was made
- Found folders that contain a .plist and recognized them as an application
- When a search by size was made, the information regarding the size was lost
- Fixed other minor bugs
- Redeveloped the "Mark" window
- Changed all messages to conform with standard alert windows
- Other minor changes
You can find more information about the Doublet Scan beta release at the Hyperbolic Software Web site. Doublet Scan 4.0.0b2. is available for US$25.00.