Easy Barcode Technologies is now shipping the Easy Barcode Reader. The Barcode Reader is a USB device designed for scanning and reading barcodes. The scanner supports over 15 symbologies and features plug-and-play support. According to Easy Barcode Technologies:
Easy Barcode Technologies, a company dedicated to creating innovative, user-friendly barcode solutions, today announced its Easy Barcode Reader is now shipping. The Easy Barcode Reader is a desktop USB barcode scanner designed for home and office use. By default, the hardware emulates a keyboard, allowing barcodes to be scanned into any active application or text field.
The Easy Barcode Reader features:
- Support for over 15 barcode symbologies, including EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC, Bookland EAN ("ISBN barcodes"), Code 39, Code 128, I2of5 (ITF), Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Codabar, Telepen, and MSI/Plessey
- Plug-and-play use -- emulates a keyboard, does not require extra drivers
- Extensive customization options with included booklet
- Triggered or trigglerless barcode scanning modes
- Barcode Identification Mode, enabled special character output to identify the barcode symbology for reproduction purposes
- Special ISBN conversion mode for Bookland EAN to ISBN numeric conversions. Use this mode for scanning ISBNs into databases or third-party inventory products like Readerware
- International keyboard support, 18 mappings built-in
You can find more information about the Easy Barcode Reader release at the Easy Barcode Technologies Web site. The Easy Barcode Reader is available for US$256.00.