Bains Software has released an update for Mail Beacon, bringing it to version 1.4. Mail Beacon is an email client app designed for the sending/receiving and management of email. The update includes a bevy of fixes and enhancements. According to Bains Software:
Bains Software has just released a major update to the mail checker/online email client Mail Beacon.
Mail Beacon can check an unlimited number of POP3 & IMAP accounts for new mail, and can also view/delete/filter mail on server without downloading any messages.
Mail Beacon alerts you when new messages arrive and/or when messages are deleted. It can also filter email without downloading it, and acts as an online email client. Mail Beacon supports both POP3 & IMAP4.
Changes in 1.4:
- Mail Beacon now works properly with mac.comis IMAP servers
- Added Message Formats - like signatures, but better
- Mail Beaconis preferences file can now be stored in the same folder as the application(to avoid conflicts with multiple versions in the future)
- Added a "Remember Flagged Messages" option
- The Tab key now cycles through flagged messages
- From fields that donit match Return Path fields are now highlighted in red
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Failed Assertion" on quit
- You can now view Mail Beaconis cache
- Mail Beacon now accepts "mailto" URLs
- Mail Beacon now sends "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers when appropriate
- And more...
You can find more information about the Mail Beacon update at the Bains Software Web site. Mail Beacon 1.4 is available for US$10.00.