Extensis has released an update for Portfolio Server, bringing it to version 6.1. Portfolio Server is a digital asset management app designed for integration into print production workflow. The latest version ships with support for OS X. According to Extensis:
Extensis today announced the release of Portfolio Server for OS X. Portfolio Server now supports both Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server in addition to Mac OS 9.
The announcement was made today at the Macworld Conference & Expo, being held at the Jacob J. Javits Center in New York City. The update features support for OS X and OS X Sever.
Portfolio Server offers workgroups the ability to:
- Publish shared image catalogs over large networks efficiently using TCP/IP networking
- Work seamlessly with Windows and Mac clients, in either Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X
- Expand workgroup environments by simply adding more copies of Portfolio 6 client software
- Connect with existing SQL databases for larger, more powerful catalogs using optional SQL Connect module
- Scan multiple catalogs over a network to instantly locate images based on any criteria
You can find more information about the latest version of Portfolio Server at the Extensis Web site. Portfolio Server 6.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$2,499.95.