Fetch Softworks today announces the release of Fetch 4.0, the newest version of the megapopular FTP client for the Macintosh. Version 4.0 offers users greater flexibility, security, and convenience with an updated and easy to use interface. It takes full advantage of the latest technologies found in Mac OS X, including Aqua, yet can be used with previous Macintosh OS versions from 7.0 and on.
Fetch 4.0 is now available! This new version includes a long list of new features, including compatibility with Mac OS X. Fetch 4.0 includes the following improvements:
- Full compatibility with every Mac OS from 7.0 to X.
- Mirror command to synchronize local and remote folders, allowing one-click website updating.
- Drag-and-drop transfers from server to server.
- Create and edit remote text and image files with BBEdit and Graphic Converter.
- Support for KClient (Kerberos 4) and GSS (including Kerberos 5) security.
- Support for 11 different kinds of proxy servers.
- View Media File command to preview images, sounds, movies.
- Contextual menus -- Control-click to see a list of relevant commands.
- Resume downloads even after Fetch quits or crashes.
- Move files and folders by dragging the icons around.
- Get Info command to total the size of folders.
Fetch is available for US$25. You can find more information at the Fetch Softworks Web site.