Tri-Edre has released an update for Tri-BACKUP, bringing it to version 3.06. Tri-BACKUP is a backup utility used for file storage on OS X. The update has several performance enhancements including copyright checking and improved search funcions. According to Tri-Edre:
TRI-EDRE is proud to announce you the availability of Tri-BACKUP 3.06
This new version allows the user to easily check if he has the necessary rights to read and copy any file.
New features in version 3.06:
- Menus reorganized under Mac OS X
- Search function allowing to find files on hard disks added
- Information window added (displays owner, group and permissions). This window also displays the possibility to read (or not) the files
- Displays the name of the current user (the one who logged in) in the main window as well as in the information window
- Time is now displayed with the system date and time settings (for example AM/PM)
- Displays action names and times in latest operations and errors lists
- Export, with each file, the file owner, group number, and permissions
- Evolutive backup data cleaning dialog modified (Tools menu)
- Optimization of mounting and detecting volumes
- Displays the selected action with undefined or missing source or destination folders when they are missing
- Fix a bug that could freeze the backup with AppleShare IP
- Fix a possible freeze while changing the cartridge or CD during backup under Mac OS X
- "Suspend" function now works correctly
- Some improvements making easier the Japanese localisation of Tri-BACKUP
- Several other minor improvements.
You can find more information about the Tri-BACKUP update at the Tri-Edre Web site. Tri-BACKUP 3.06 is available for US$49.00.