Insider Software has released an update for FontAgent Pro, bringing it to version 2.1.1. FontAgent Pro is a font management utility designed for multiple font manipulation. The update features QuarkXpress optimizations and font activation in Classic mode. According to Insider Software:
Insider Software announced today the immediate availability of FontAgent Pro version 2.1.1, the most powerful and full-featured font management and repair utility for individuals and workgroups.
The new release has been optimized to enhance the performance of QuarkXpress in Panther by making QuarkXpress font activation faster and more reliable. The workgroup edition, also released today, boasts improved performance, and takes advantage of Appleis Rendezvous technology to permit zero configuration, zero administration, automatic discovery and font sharing.
FontAgent Pro 2.1.1 follows the recent release that added a number of updated features and enhancements, including:
- Support for font-activation in Classic mode, enabling users of applications that rely on Classic to operate in Mac OS X, while maintaining compatibility with older applications
- User-configurable startup actions that provide several options for the user to determine which fonts will be activated at startup
- New aqua user interface that improves ease of use
- Extensive drag and drop support for creation of sets and libraries
- Support for cloning of installations to better support IT departments in large organizations by enabling distribution using utilities such as FileWave®
- Improvements to WYSIWYG font display options, including updates to FontPlayer&Mac250; and FontCompare
You can find more information about the FontAgent Pro update at the Insider Software Web site. The FontAgent Pro update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$99.95.