HELIOS Software GmbH has released an update for ImageServer, bringing it to version 2.5. ImageServer is a utility designed for the server management pre-press documents. The latest release features support for QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign file preview. According to HELIOS Software GmbH:
HELIOS Software GmbH, a leading provider of network and prepress server software, announced that its ImageServer 2.5 server software now creates preview files of QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign documents.
Utilizing these previews, local and remote users can preview and control InDesign and QuarkXPress documents from creation to final output, without needing access to the applications, documents, fonts, or images.
This new capability is enabled by HELIOS ImageServer Plug-ins for Adobe InDesign 2.0.2 or newer for Windows, Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, and by ImageServer XTensions for the Windows and Mac OS 9 versions of QuarkXPress 4 and 5.
Key features of this ImageServer update include:
- Auto-creation of document previews during file "Save"
- Preview properties easily set via Preference settings
- Previews are saved as bitmap files at selectable resolutions (144 dp default)
- Multi-page documents get previews for each page
- Optional ImageServer Script Server "Action Scripts" when preview is saved o Action Scripts can direct output to specific archive, conversion, print queues or other customized workflows
- Preview conversion supports all major file formats to TIFF, EPSF, DCS1, DCS2, ICS, Scitex-CT, JPEG, PICT, BMP, PNG, Photoshop native
- Web Server CGI is included to publish directories with InDesign/QuarkXPress document previews
You can find more information about the ImageServer update at the HELIOS Software GmbH Web site. Pricing information is available by contacting the HELIOS sales team.