Intel announced on Wednesday its 2nd generation of faster, more capable Core 2 Duo CPUs. Features include higher clock speeds, stronger wireless signals and better energy efficiency.
"At the heart of the new Intel Centrino Duo and Intel Centrino Pro processor technology-based notebooks is the next-generation of Intelis highly acclaimed Intel Core 2 Duo processor, which delivers breakthrough mobile performance and responsiveness for demanding business users and consumers alike," the announcement said.
The enhancements include:
- Intel 965 Express chipset enables an enhanced high-definition video experience.
- Intelis 802.11AGN Next-Gen Wireless-N
- A Turbo Memory (optional) feature to accelerate apps and boot-up by 20%
- vPro technology for security and management
- Additional power management features
The new CPUs are based on a 65 nm process and range from 1.66 to 2.4 GHz. Exactly what options and speeds might make into a next generation MacBook have not been specified.