App4mac Software announced Thursday the release of wKiosk Browser 4.0, the companyis interface solution for Macintosh-based Internet kiosks. The new version include several new features. App4mac also announced an update for wKiosk Remote Supervision to version 2.0.
wKiosk Browser is intended to allow kiosk owners to design their user interface without custom programming. According to the company, the software can be used to develop Internet kiosks, survey kiosks, database kiosks, directory kiosks, shopping cart kiosks and/or multimedia-rich promotional kiosk applications.
Version 4.0 includes the following improvements:
- Final version is available after one month of public beta versions
- Full support of the new Safari 2.0 engine
- New Tab management
- New Preferences management
- New PopUp management
- New URL Control management
- Support of wKiosk Remote Supervision 2 application
- Better reliability
- Better performance
You can find more information about the product at app4macis Web site. Pricing for wKiosk Browser starts at US$69 for one license.
As its names suggests, wKiosk Remote Supervision is a tool designed to allow you to manage multiple kiosks from a remote location.
Version 2.0 has the following new features:
- New preferences management
- Abiility to take full control to a kiosk from any computer
- Support of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
wKiosk Remote Supervision is priced at $380 for a 10-client license. You can find more information at the companyis Web site.