MacsDesign Studio has released an update for Web Help Desk, bringing it to version 6.2.3. Web Help Desk is a Web development app designed for IT support. The update features performance enhancements including an added FrontBase database and multi-level problem catagories. According to MacsDesign Studio:
MacsDesign Studio today released an update to its highly successful Web Help Desk technical support solution. Designed for education and enterprise customers, version 6.2.3 introduces a free embedded FrontBase database and multi-level problem categories.
New Features Include:
- New embedded FrontBase database ready to run out of the box at no additional cost
- Simplified database and LDAP configuration
- Supports traditional LDAP and Microsoftis Active Directory
- Multi-level problem categories
- Streamlined client problem reporting
- Job ticket open time takes work hours and weekends into account
- Customized asset and job ticket search capabilities
- Improved FAQ search and display
- Support for WebObjects 5.1 and 5.2 on Mac OS X and Windows 2000 and Tomcat Servlet deployment on Linux
- Improved handling of e-mail based problem reports
You can find more information about the Web Help Desk update at the MacsDesign Studio Web site. A Web Help Desk 6.2.3 corporate base license is available for US$3,000.00.