Macware announced on Thursday the launch of Logo Design Studio Pro, a vector-based logo design application.
The program took two years to write and has had extensive feedback from customers. "When developing our new vector based logo design application, we discussed the core design features with our Logo Design Studio users so we could truly take the Pro version to a new level," said Bruce Lowry, Macwareis President and CEO. "In fact, we quickly realized we needed development to start from scratch in order to deliver an experience that any novice or professional would appreciate."
Samples from Logo Design Studio Pro
Macware pointed to the growing demand for logos and identifying graphics in todayis digital markets. In addition, Macwareis design focus was making the program easy to use. The program includes over 500 pre-designed templates and 1300 pre-designed objects.
- Over 500 pre-designed logo templates and over 1300 pre-designed logo objects to give you a starting point in your designs.
- B?zier editing shows adjustable nodes you can use to change the look of shapes, text and curves.
- Powerful Boolean operations allow you to quickly create complex new shapes by adding and subtracting shapes and text together.
- Over 100 creative filters give your logo designs a unique look using Appleis Core Imaging Technology.
- Dynamically add text as an outline of any line or shape, or fill a shape with text.
- The B?zier pen automatically smoothes choppy freehand drawings to create a more natural look.
- Easy alignment tools make it simple to change the placement of individual parts of your logo.
Logo Design Studio Pro was written in Cocoa and is a Universal Application. It will ship in January 2008 and is priced at US$59.99.