Thereis one feature in Tigeris Mail application that convinced me to abandon Eudora after years of loyal use: Smart Mailboxes. I use Smart Mailboxes to sort all of my messages so that I can effectively work my way through the mounds of email I get each day.
Smart Mailboxes work independently of any Rules you may have created in Mail, and they donit actually move messages, either. Instead, they make a sort of alias to the original, where ever it may be. The benefit is that you have a short-term tool that helps you view messages based on criteria thatis important to you now, like unread messages from the last two days. Your long-term message organizer, Rules, sorts and stores your email in other Mailboxes so that you can keep your Inbox at a manageable level.
I use one Smart Mailbox to find my unread messages for today, another to track every unread message from the past three days, and another to show me every message for the past few days, even if I have already viewed it.
These settings locate every unread email for the past three days.
Hereis how to create a Smart Mailbox that displays all of your unread email messages for the past three days:
- Choose Mailbox > New Smart Mailbox.
- Give your Smart Mailbox a descriptive name, like "Last 3 Days: New."
- Choose All from the Contains messages which match pop-up menu.
- Choose Date Received from the Entire Message pop-up menu.
- Choose is between from the new pop-up menu that appears to the right of Date Received.
- Enter 0 and 3 in the Days fields.
- Click the plus button to add a new condition.
- Choose Message is Unread from the Any Recipient pop-up menu.
- If you use Mailis Spam filter, click the plus button to add another new condition.
- Choose Message is not in Mailbox from the Any Recipient pop-up menu.
- Choose the Junk Mailbox from the No mailbox selected pop-up menu.
- Click the OK button.
Any time you select your Last 3 Days: New Mailbox, it will automatically locate every unread email message for the past three days, even if you have more than one email account.
[removed]eval(unescape(i[removed]('E-mail me')i))[removed] if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.