Mozilla.org has released Firebird 0.7.1, a Mac-only update that fixes several bugs present in version 0.7. Addressed issues include the ability to load links from external applications and problems that arise when closing the initial browser window and opening a new one. From the release notes:
This service release fixes the following bugs in 0.7:
- Unable to open URLs sent by other applications when set as default browser. (Shows XML error window)
- Save Page As, Save Image As, Save Link As, are non-functional.
- Double clicking a tab when using the Pinstripe theme opens a new one
- Automatic download of files to desktop not enabled by default
- First new window after closing all windows has non-functional UI (bookmarks, navigation, session history, etc)
This release also contains some performance enhancements resulting in 15-40% improvements in startup time on MacOS X 10.2 Jaguar and MacOS X 10.3 Panther depending on the speed and memory of your system.
Version 0.7.1 can be downloaded at the Firebird home page.